As many of us have found out, there are big differences between a gay friendly church and a gay affirming one. I’ve created a breakdown of the differences below based off my own experiences.
- Allowed to attend service with the expectation of changing back to straight or live life without a spouse.
- Only allowed to serve the Lord in the capacity of cleaning the church.
- People will say “I love you but…”
- Not allowed to participate in small groups
- Refusal of baptism
- Will not perform a gay marriage
Doesn’t sound very friendly huh?
- Can attend service knowing you are affirmed in Christ Jesus.
- You can serve the Lord not only by cleaning the church, but fulfilling the call of God on your life. Whether it’s on the worship team, five fold, youth ministry or creative arts.
- People tell you they love you with no exceptions or limitations.
- Never will be refused water baptism or baptism of the Holy Spirit.
- You will be able to have your wedding at your church
If you are an LGBTQ person and desire to be in a place where you can worship and serve the Lord as a child of God, find a church that is gay affirming. There are many gay affirming churches throughout the United States. I encourage you to find one and see how awesome it is to place yourself in a body of believers that love you unconditionally.